8.23.2007

Speaking of Stress...

So it's been a pretty lousy 48 hours. Originally, it was only 24 hours, until I had to meet this morning's mishap on top of everything else I have been dealing with at work.

Let's begin with yesterday, Wednesday, August 22. I've been battling this one author for almost a month about the contents of his book. The issue at hand is his dubious opinion of the accuracy checker we hired to review his book. Granted, I will admit that perhaps his book was a little too high level for her to check; however, that does not give him the right to call her incompetent, send her irate e-mails, or throw temper tantrums. In essence, he does not trust the work completed, and wants it rechecked. What I don't understand is why he has been so resistant to helping and working with the solutions manual author as well as the accuracy checker. Instead, he decides to point his fat fingers at everyone else. Fast-forward to me trying to compare two manuscripts on a topic that I don't understand at all! Until midnight. ::sigh:: The book is supposed to go to press next week. Actually, it was supposed to go to press originally last week. I went to bed dreaming of the foreign language of mathematical statistics.

Enter this morning. I head to work a little later than usual since I had worked so late. I was approaching my exit on the freeway and I started to hear a vibrating noise. I didn't think much of it because I thought that it was the large big rig behind me. I merged right. The sound didn't dissipate and I noticed that my car was also starting to shake. Luckily, I was very close to my exit. I turned left, and I also noticed that the lady in the car next to me was looking at my car with a funny look. I pulled into the gas station to discover just what I needed (not really): a flat tire. I remembered I had a spare, so I called AAA, and ordered a repair truck. Within 30 minutes the truck arrived, and the driver then discovered that my spare had a nail through it. Fantastic! My only option was to get towed to the tire store and get my tire replaced. After I got everything straightened out between the tow truck and tire store guy, I was set. It just felt so "perfect" that after all the stress of the night before, it carried over to this morning.

I am taking tomorrow off, except for a short phone meeting with my boss. I need it. I need to not hear from that author ever again. His book needs to be printed. I am not responsible for it's accuracy. It's only a job and I don't get paid enough to worry about everything.

Good night.

0 notes:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP