11.01.2007

Running

For the first time in several years, I ran. I ran, legs sprinting, arms pumping, heart rejoicing, free. Of course the sprint lasted only a minute, but the fleeting moment was enough to last.

For the longest time I had been meaning to try and run. Usually I have an adverse reaction to treadmills. I don't run outdoors, unless it's for my life. This last week, however, I decided to be brave -- that, and all the elliptical machines were taken, and attempt a brisk walk. I was feeling good, adjusting incline and speed. Then I decided, why not go out of the ordinary routine and try running. I was a little apprehensive about falling down, but I made it through my one minute of sprinting. Intervals make running for non-runners possible.

0 notes:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP