4.16.2008

Keep your thoughts to yourself

So, I've been hit by some bad luck.

I accidentally dropped the external hard drive that I work off of for all my projects. Yes, I know that I should be working off my computer and backing up to the hard drive. Apparently, I attend the school of hard knocks. Case in point. So when I picked it up to see if it was still working, it started to make awful beeping noises. I didn't even know it could beep. Well, FYI, it can. And beeping is usually a bad sign.

While my natural instinct is to go into panic and freak out mode, all of that is too much for me right now. Besides having potentially lost all the data that I work with on a daily basis, by head feels like it's in a vice. This problem is being put on the back burner for now. I'm hoping that our IT guys can salvage a couple of folders, otherwise I will be attempting to rebuild about 100 gigs of data. My life is fantastic.

Now, I'm going to only think stress-free, positive thoughts. I think that when even an iota of a negative thought passes through my head, it gets repaid in karma. I know it's silly to think this, but with my luck, something really bad could happen. I'm keeping my negative thoughts to myself, well, as much as possible anyway.

1 notes:

Jess April 17, 2008 at 11:19 AM  

Oh no! Bad news!

"Besides having potentially lost all the data that I work with on a daily basis, by head feels like it's in a vice."

I like how you said 'by head' instead of my - which would be how you would say it with a headcold :)

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP