7.10.2007

Vacation time is over...




















But the memories will last a lifetime.

Going on late afternoon promenades. Discovering the adventurer Bear Grylls. Commandeering the streets of New York at midnight. The sweet taste of a Chippi. Savoring the wonderful flavors of every meal. Battling the minuscule beasts - the deer tick. The Scarface parking lot attendant. The Summer Murder Mystery movie. Capturing over 1000 photos. Enjoying life.

The vibrant energy of this household is something I treasure and embrace. Though at times a bit chaotic, I can feel the family's liveliness pumping through the house. Random outbursts into showtunes and melodic interludes. An abundance of food being prepared and devoured nearly all in the same breath. Artists' scrawls and gamer strategy. There is never a dull moment at this address. Calm comes in sweet little doses. The true spirit of a large family, overflowing with love, never skimping on kindness.

I'm thinking that most people my age wouldn't spring for a ticket to got to the South Coast of Massachusetts for a week. I would imagine trips to Cancun, Miami, Hawaii, etc. But I love it here when I get the chance to just hang out. Plus we caravaned to New York City. It's like a two-for-one deal.

My sister bought this great plaque inscribed with "Families are like Fudge... Mostly sweet with a few nuts". I love catching up on the latest family gossip, hearing about stories of my mom and auntie's family growing up, and my cousins' crazy uncle. The best tales are always the unbelievably true ones. Life truly is like a box of chocolates - there are sweet cremes, sticky and chewy ones, and of course the nutty variety... and you never know which one you're going to get.

Ah, family.

0 notes:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP