7.01.2007

East Coast Living

Here we are in New Bedford, MA. We arrived early this morning, with the sunshine nearly blinding our eyes. The flight was smooth, and while the middle seat of the non-upgraded plane wasn't the most comfy, it wasn't bad. I slept the entire way, as Wild Hogs didn't exactly entice me to stay awake. And although it was technically 4:45am on my body clock, the fresh air, and sight of familiar faces was enough to jostle me awake.

I'm officially on vacation. No work, no worries, all fun. I can sleep in without pangs of guilt and eat until my hearts desire. I know that probably isn't the brightest plan, given all my efforts of working out these past few months, but hey, why not live a little? My cousins and sister are fantastic cooks, able to prepare a beautiful spread, enviable by anyone.

There's a party tonight to celebrate my cousin's exist from the teen world, and into his twenties. Ah, to be surrounded by college kids again, haha, as if I'm so far-removed from that sort of environment. There's going to be shrimp, pad thai, chips and salsa, chutney, roasted potatoes, and I think that's just the beginning. There are two kinds of cakes and I'm sure there's to be plenty of fun.

While I'm here, I'd like to hit the beach. Or at least something vaguely resembling a beach. Also, I'd like to take every open opportunity to practice taking photographs. I've already taken some nice nature shots, as well as some up close portraits. Given that I'm still jetlagged and in denial as to how tired I really am,
I think it'll take me another day to get my act together completely. I'm excited though. I get to have more subjects than just my two silly puppies. They are still my favorite subjects though.

0 notes:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP