8.19.2008

It's done. Well, almost.

It's official, I've made appointments at two bridal salons for this Thursday. I'm excited and yet a little...what's the word? Weirded out? I don't know exactly how to pinpoint it, but I think going bridal gown shopping just makes it that much more real. I mean, the wedding dress is pretty much the icon of a wedding. You think, "Oh she's getting hitched." Without it, (plus rings, husband, and license) it's just a big party.

I've kind of been putting it off. Every time I talk to a friend who hears of the engagement news immediately jumps on the "Have you gone dress shopping yet?" train. Which is fine, it's a normal question, but my response has been "no". It's not because I don't want to, it's because I haven't had the time. And from what I hear, and if it's at all similar to trying on regular clothes, it takes some motivation, time, and effort. I'm making time now.

Well, Thursday is the day. We'll see what it brings.

0 notes:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP