12.23.2007

2007 reflections

I have an inkling of being on a mini winter break. I have Monday and Tuesday off, and I’m pretty sure I’m going to play hooky the rest of the week. Next week I’m taking vacation time. Two weeks off from work? Sweet!

It’s not that I hate my job. I like it. It works for now. But I’m definitely getting to the point where I need a break from everything. No more bureaucracy. No more stress. No more deadlines. No more fighting fires. Relaxation and spending time with the ones I love. Now that’s what I’m talking about.

I’ve also been busy completing some crochet projects. I just finished putting together this patchwork-like quilt. I was in the middle of completing the 5 ½ hour throw when I misplaced the last of the yarn. It was literally like it disappeared. I must have absent-mindedly carried it away or finished it off without realizing it. But I am pretty convinced that I still had it right in front of me.


I really enjoy crocheting. I used to think that it was an old lady pastime. However, there’s been a major resurgence in yarn crafts. My co-worker is a knitter extraordinaire. She whips out socks and hats like a machine. Her blog and projects can be found here. (www.myowntwosticks.com) I picked up crocheting last winter when my sister started on a scarf. I’ve never been very good with the knitting needles, so I decided to give crocheting a whirl. It was much more my speed. Since then, I’ve cranked out several scarves, and more recently, four blankets and I’m working on two more scarves for gifts. It’s therapeutic and can be done while sitting in front of the TV.

I’m planning a serious overhaul come the beginning of the year. New diet, new discipline, new organization. I was inspired by the “101 in 1001” and I’m going to make a concerted effort to get to those 101 things. Starting with purging my closet. Then changing and sticking to an eating plan. And an exercise plan. Plus, I am going to make a concerted effort on the next milestone in life.

0 notes:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP