12.09.2007

2007

2007 is nearly over. The holidays are in full swing with full-time Christmas carols jamming the radio waves since before Thanksgiving. The hustle and bustle of shopping madness and non-stop "one-day" sales overwhelm us. Cookie exchanges and holiday parties and luncheons threaten our year-long efforts to keep our figures. And yet, we go through the motions and apprehensions and joyous moments year after year. Those are the holidays I suppose.

Amidst the insanity that the holiday time can become, I love it all. I love the smell of freshly baked goodies. I love the challenge of finding the perfect gift. I love the holiday themed movies and TV specials that seemingly preempt regularly scheduled shows. I love the giving spirit that everyone, or most everyone seems to possess.

It's been an interesting 2007. I can't wait to see what 2008 will bring.

0 notes:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP