12.14.2007

I enjoy crafty things

I never thought I'd admit how much I enjoy Martha Stewart's ideas. But this is now the second time I have in this blog. I have to admit, she's got some good ideas. Things that make me think "wow, now that's a great idea!". I'm not sure what to call this. Marthastewartideaitis?

I'm not quite at the point of crafting up the wazoo every evening, trying out every idea or recipe I see. However, I have been in the middle of quite a few projects. Over the last few weeks, I've completed 3-4 crochet projects, purchased fabric to make a quilt, and decoupaged. It's just so much fun. And I can't wait to do more. If money and time were no object, I would need a bigger space to live in for sure.

I'm hoping that with all the ideas that I've gathered and saved on the handy-dandy Martha Stewart website, as well as daily/weekly perusals of WeddingBee, Blue Orchid Designs, and TheKnot, that I will be able to plan a great budget wedding. I know I shouldn't even be thinking about that yet, but, hey, a girl can dream about it. It's my prerogative. I'm not yet a full-fledged DIY gal, but I've done enough home improvement and mini craft projects, that the transition should be a snap.

I guess I'm just really worried about how much it will cost to pull off a wedding. I've seen those shows on WE -- Bridezillas, Rich Bride Poor Bride, Platinum Weddings, etc. The fact that there are a lot of sources that claim that you can't have a wedding for less than $10K seems ludicrous, but at the same time perfectly believable. What with the price of a gallon of gas? I'm persevering towards a budget of that $10K or less. I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there.

0 notes:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP