12.20.2007

My 101 in 1001

Well, I suppose I will kick some new life into this blog with a goal-oriented entry. I came across an intriguing entry on the Blue Orchid Designs blog about 101 goals to complete in the next 1001. I figure that it’s the end of the year and almost the start of 2008, so my 1001st day should drop right around September 15, 2010, since it will be another leap year soon.

I feel extremely lucky that I’ve been able to do some of the things that most people only dream of doing. Graduating from college, living in France, backpacking across Europe, fluency in two languages, to name a few. I think I’m going to post things that can be accomplished in the next 1001 days. I’m looking forward to crossing something off the list!

Here it goes:

  1. blog everyday for a month
  2. learn how to cook and ease kitchen anxiety
  3. learn how to use Digital SLR to its full potential
  4. take better photos
  5. post photos consistently on Flickr
  6. go to the gym at least four days a week for a month
  7. try a new class at 24Hour Fitness
  8. search for other job possibilities
  9. meet my boyfriend’s friends
  10. learn full potential of Photoshop
  11. move out of parents’ house
  12. organize my bedroom
  13. clean out my closet and donate unwanted clothes to Goodwill
  14. purchase new or “previously owned” car
  15. have my friends meet his friends
  16. explore major cities – Atlanta, Chicago, Washington DC, Seattle, Denver
  17. spend time in New York City
  18. practice taking more portrait photos
  19. crochet a beanie for the boyfriend
  20. learn how to surf, even for a split second
  21. go to Vegas as an adult
  22. go wine tasting, I do live close enough to Napa & Sonoma!
  23. take a cake decorating class
  24. design logo for future business
  25. take a ballroom dancing class
  26. move out to Texas to be with boyfriend
  27. schedule annual physicals
  28. remember to have car oil changed
  29. have extended family meet boyfriend
  30. set aside money to donate to charity of choice
  31. participate in Habitat for Humanity Project
  32. look into the possibilities to PMP my job (Project Management Professional)
  33. get engaged, and have legitimate reason to read wedding magazines like Brides, Martha Stewart Weddings, The Knot, etc.
  34. shadow a professional photographer
  35. buy a house
  36. design personal stationery
  37. decorate said house and give it sense of style
  38. finish painting room
  39. take a cooking class
  40. read at least one book a month
  41. go to the library more often
  42. go to Hawaii and reclaim summer color
  43. document my 101 goals as completed
  44. plan fantastic wedding on my terms
  45. complete my first quilt project – already bought the fabric!
  46. go to the Philippines during Christmastime to visit family
  47. cook semi-fancy romantic dinner for self and boyfriend. from scratch, without killing or making us sick
  48. build photo portfolio
  49. visit the New England during the fall
  50. buy a new computer and Adobe Design bundle
  51. as a complement to completion of #33 and #44, apply to be a Bee J
  52. go on a cross-country road trip
  53. learn more on the fundamentals of photography
  54. ride my bike around the park
  55. go on daily walks when the weather is nice
  56. lose 20lbs... if they can do it on Biggest Loser, I can too!
  57. start cooking own meals to make good on goal #56
  58. visit best friend in Italy while still stationed there
  59. return to Lyon for Fete des Lumieres
  60. write a journal entry everyday for a month
  61. keep a food journal consistently also in efforts to make good on #56
  62. make a pair of earrings (or more)
  63. clean out wallet and purse... rogue receipts be gone!
  64. spend the holidays with boyfriend’s family
  65. send out Christmas cards with photos of us

0 notes:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP