12.26.2007

ARK

Acts of Random Kindness.

I watched Evan Almighty this evening, and if there's anything that I took away from it it's ARK - "acts of random kindness". The opportunity to bring families closer together. The chance to spread some cheer into a person's life. The possibility of being courageous in the face of adversity. Who would have thought that all of that deep thought could have been drawn from Steve Carrell.

I've been in big "reflection mode" especially as the year quickly comes to a close. I have several resolutions, many included in my 101 in 1001, and I really plan on making good on my goals. There's talk and there's action. I want to take the action stance. My goals are of the personal, professional, and social varieties. 2008 is going to be a big year of changes and improvements. I can feel it. I can taste it.

My biggest social goal - as in helping the community type of social - is to work on a Habitat for Humanity Project or something similar. I participated in the Family Giving Tree program at work, and it felt great to be able to help kids who wouldn't normally even get a Christmas gift. I'd like to continue on the road of acts of random kindness.

As for my professional goals, I plan on seeking opportunities to advance my career, internally and externally. I like my manager and enjoy my coworkers, but they can't hold back my progress. I definitely feel like it's time for some growth in responsibility. And satisfaction. And pay.

Finally, as one of my more personal goals, I'm really going to work on talking to my parents about life-changing events. I've been making strides and it's become more comfortable talking about my boyfriend. It's no longer the awkward, "yeah, you know *cough* boyfriend *cough*" and "I'm going to *cough* visit *cough* him this weekend". I think a mutual respect and understanding has been established. Now I'll have to see what their "serious conversation" threshold is. This is the big one.

Give a little. Get a little. Give a little more.

0 notes:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP