2.22.2008

Finding my inner Crafty Goddess

Back in December I bought enough fabric to make a quilt. I have yet to start on it. Free time is hard to come by these days.

Well, I've been inspired by a couple of things that I've found on the nifty blog, Sew, Mama, Sew! First, it was a cute apron in nice bold fabrics.
The pattern is simple, yet flattering, and would look good on several body types. And it's reversible! Who doesn't love two looks in one? It just made me want to sew! I haven't sewn anything, really, since probably freshman year in high school.
















Next, this bag.







I love bags. One that is totally custom is right up my alley. Plus, I love the bold colors and although it is not leather, it way cheaper than some of those high-end purses. A great and simple tote.












Finally, this other Flea Market Bag. This was created by CaRho, found on The Fruid's Forest, and featured on Sew, Mama, Sew! I love it's versatility with bold patterns and fabrics. I suppose half the game is choosing what fabric to use.

So I think these moments of fabric and craft envy are going to get me in front of the sewing machine post haste. My mom has a sewing machine that gets semi-frequent use. I'm sure it could use a little love from me.

I've gotten a handle on crocheting and I'm trying to up the ante with new patterns. I'm by no means an expert. But I'm also thinking that I'll dabble in fabrics and construct a few more bags and purses for my collection. These would also make great gifts! Personal, custom gifts.

So many ideas!

1 notes:

Jess February 28, 2008 at 12:46 PM  

Hi Catie! Love the site already! If you really like bags - this person makes a lot of Amy Butler style patterns - http://artsycraftybabe.typepad.com/artsycrafty_babe/
She hasn't made any recently but just look back a little. She also has an etsy shop.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP