2.01.2008

Pilates

I tried something new tonight. I attempted Pilates after 24Dance. I'm no Yogi and I don't own a yoga mat. In fact, I've never even tried Yoga. I know the Downward Dog pose and Child's pose from basic stretching, but nothing beyond that. I've always heard about Pilates, so I thought, "Why not?"

Pilates was very different from anything I've taken at 24 Hour Fitness. The pace was much slower and concentrated on breathing and stretching. It was a refreshing change of pace considering I've been doing Turbo Kickbox and 24Lift and 24Set. A lot of the moves reminded me of some ballet stretches and everything was taken at an individual pace. Overall, I enjoyed the class. Now I'm looking to invest in a yoga mat. What conversion!

Like these available on Gaiam.com

I think I'll definitely be trying Pilates again!

0 notes:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP