6.13.2007

The missing receipt

Of all the times to lose a receipt, it had to be this one. I bought a new, fantastic purse that I fell in love with, and what happens? The zipper strap breaks. And of course, this had to be the one time that I lost the receipt. Great. Just great. I think that I was really excited about my new purchase. It was the first time that I splurged on a purse. I love handbags, but by no means will I spend too many pretty pennies on them. However, this time, I did some research and found this nice, black leather bag. I bought it this past Saturday.

Yesterday I brought it to work. I was so proud of my purse that I totally wanted to show it off. It's no Dooney & Bourke or Louis Vuitton, but it suits me. I was sitting at my desk, and I was opening the top zipper using the strap. And, pop! The strap was in my hand the zipper no longer had an ornament. My face and demeanor flopped. I was so upset.

I immediately looked at the manufacturer's website hoping to find some good news. There was! There's a one year workmanship guarantee. This was definitely a workmanship issue. All I had to do was send in the purse, the reason, and the receipt, plus $8.50 for S&H, and it would be looked at. Then I got worried. The style of the purse was no longer on the website, leading me to believe that it had been phased out. Next option: the store I bought it from – Macy's.

I was so distraught over the purse that I left earlier than usual. As soon as I got home I scoured the house for the receipt, thinking that I knew where it was. I found the tag, but no receipt. My last recollection of the receipt was that it was on the kitchen table inside the Macy's plastic bag. The plastic bag was nowhere to be found. I continued to freak out. Ironically, I found every other receipt that I could have hoped to have found, but no Macy's receipt for a $118.00 purse.

I got online and searched for the phone number of the Macy's that I went to. I dialed immediately, punching through the different number-activated menus, and finally getting to a human. The woman who answered was very cordial, and you could tell that she was smiling on the other side of the phone. She reassured me that even if I didn't have the receipt that a return or an exchange could be made if I had the card which I used for purchase. I do! I'm glad that Macy's sticks one of those little tracer stickers on the price tags when they sell merchandise. I'm guessing it is a locator number for such occurrences. My spirits were slightly lifted.

Today, my quest is to go back to that Macy's and find out what I can do. I will update when I find out.

0 notes:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP