6.14.2007

New Purse, New Ring, and Money


I'm happy again. I was able to exchange my purse at Macy's without a problem. Even without the receipt. Even without the tag attached. It was a good thing that I didn't pay with cash. On my way out of the store, I stopped by the jewelry section. It just so happened that on Wednesday, it was Macy's "One Day Sale". The entire stock of Sterling Silver jewelry was 50% off. And the ring that I bought happened to be 75% off. The picture here isn't quite what it looks like. I think mine looks better, but this is similar to the style. I purchased the ring for $20. It was $80 originally!! I would not have paid $80 retail on it. Woo hoo for finding a great bargain!

I feel like I've spend to much money in the last few weeks. I have, but I've also saved a lot too. I just need to finalize what I'm going to do with those savings. I need to find the right account to stick the money in. I want to earn some interest on the funds, and of course if I keep letting it sit in my savings account from my bank, I'm only going to get a couple of cents here and there. So, I need to make a decision soon. I have a Roth IRA, and I want to set up a Money Market account that is liquid, but will still earn interest. Alas, it's all about making the leap of faith.

I've been reading some financial self-help books -- David Bach to be specific. I picked up "Smart Women Finish Rich" on recommendation of a coworker. It was a great motivational tool. And one of the quickest reads. Of course, I still need to act on what I read. I'm so easily distracted sometimes. I also am reading "Start Late, Finish Rich" which I didn't like as much, but probably because it's aimed more at the older population who are, as the title suggests, starting late.

I'm ready to fully plan for the future.

0 notes:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP