3.31.2008

And for Post #100...

I don't think I've been able to commit to a blog for this long. The January blog-fest did help a ton. Anyway, here comes the 100th post.

Seeing as how this is my 100th post (woo hoo!) I figured that I should check in on my list of 101 in 1001. I've been able to cross off quite a few, some to my surprise.

  1. blog everyday for a month (completed January 31, 2008)
  2. learn how to cook and ease kitchen anxiety
  3. learn how to use Digital SLR to its full potential
  4. take better photos
  5. post photos consistently on Flickr
  6. go to the gym at least four days a week for a month
  7. try a new class at 24Hour Fitness (Completed January 7, 2008)
  8. search for other job possibilities (in progress)
  9. meet my boyfriend’s friends
  10. learn full potential of Photoshop (in progress)
  11. move out of parents’ house
  12. clean out my closet and donate unwanted clothes to Goodwill (Completed December 27, 2007)
  13. purchase new or “previously owned” car (Completed January 11, 2008)
  14. have my friends meet his friends
  15. explore major cities – Atlanta, Chicago, Washington DC, Seattle, Denver
  16. spend time in New York City
  17. practice taking more portrait photos
  18. crochet a beanie for the boyfriend (Completed February 17, 2008)
  19. learn how to surf, even for a split second
  20. go to Vegas as an adult (Completed March 2, 2008)
  21. go wine tasting, I do live close enough to Napa & Sonoma!
  22. take a cake decorating class
  23. design logo for future business
  24. take a ballroom dancing class
  25. schedule annual physicals
  26. remember to have car oil changed
  27. have extended family meet boyfriend
  28. set aside money to donate to charity of choice
  29. participate in Habitat for Humanity Project
  30. look into the possibilities to PMP my job (Project Management Professional)
  31. get engaged, and have legitimate reason to read wedding magazines like Brides, The Knot, Martha Stewart Weddings, etc. (Completed March 1, 2008!)
  32. shadow a professional photographer
  33. buy a house/condo
  34. design personal stationery
  35. decorate said house and give it sense of style
  36. finish painting room
  37. take a cooking class
  38. read at least one book a month
  39. go to the library more often
  40. go to Hawaii and reclaim summer color
  41. document my 101 goals as completed
  42. plan fantastic wedding on my terms (in progress)
  43. complete my first quilt project – already bought the fabric!
  44. go to the Philippines during Christmastime to visit family
  45. cook semi-fancy romantic dinner for self and boyfriend fiancé. from scratch, without killing or making us sick
  46. build photo portfolio
  47. visit the New England during the fall
  48. buy a new computer and Adobe Design bundle
  49. go on a cross-country road trip
  50. ride my bike around the park
  51. go on daily walks when the weather is nice
  52. lose 20lbs... if they can do it on Biggest Loser, I can too! (10lbs down!)
  53. start cooking own meals to make good on goal #52
  54. visit best friend in Italy while still stationed there
  55. return to Lyon for Fete des Lumieres
  56. write a journal entry everyday for a month
  57. keep a food journal consistently also in efforts to make good on #52
  58. make a pair of earrings (or more)
  59. clean out wallet and purse... rogue receipts be gone!
  60. spend the holidays with boyfriend’s fiancé’s family
  61. send out Christmas cards with photos of us
  62. get back to my happy weight
  63. buy new jeans that fit well and are the right length (Completed March 29, 2008)
  64. give blood at company blood drive (Completed March 6, 2008)
  65. jump in a pile of leaves
  66. make a snowman and/or snow angel
  67. build a sandcastle
  68. throw away old high school or college stuff that I won’t look at ever again (in progress)
  69. recycle old magazines for same reason as above
  70. flake out less on friends
  71. complete a random act of kindness
  72. establish professional goals
  73. go to CanadaVancouver and/or Montreal
  74. beat Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii
  75. attend a NBA game (Completed January 2, 2008)
  76. get into Club 33 – hopefully we can get the hook up!
  77. start personal ornament collection for my own Christmas tree
  78. revisit Walt Disney World with the boyfriend fiancé – that’s how we met!
  79. go to a day spa in Calistoga/Napa
  80. get a professional full body massage at least 4x/year
  81. take a yoga class
  82. talk about money matters with the BF (Completed December 28, 2007)
  83. participate in a Walk/Half-Marathon
I don't quite have 101 goals, and I also didn't share all of them. But here is a good chunk. Basically, I'm bound and determined to see that 2008 is a year of changes for the better, and the more that I think about it, the more I see that it is. I want to make sure that this wave of good changes flows through the 1001 days.

3 notes:

Dianna April 1, 2008 at 7:44 PM  

that's so awesome! You have inspired me to finish my list :)

Unknown April 1, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

Way impressive. I know this is directly not about me but...

119 stars, baby. That's right, one to go. And it's a bitch. Frickin Luigi and his damn coins.

Nick April 1, 2008 at 9:28 PM  

I love that idea! So it's 101 goals in 1001 days? I've got a couple I can help you with :)
15. explore major cities – Atlanta, Chicago, Washington DC, Seattle, Denver (if you count Philly as a major city)
16. spend time in New York City (if you don't know anyone who lives here... :) )
47. visit the New England during the fall (Philly isn't technically New England and I think you have family in Boston, but if not...)
I think I'm going to steal your idea if you don't mind - crediting you of course!

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP