3.03.2008

We're Engaged!


After a roller coaster ride of emotions over the last week and a half, I'm so happy to announce that we're engaged!

When one of my co-workers joked that I would come back from Las Vegas engaged, I simply laughed like she had told a funny story. I didn't think that he would do it then, given the certain stipulations and circumstances. I wasn't sure when he was going to ask, because he made it clear that it would be a surprise. One thing was certain: I was ready.

We had tickets to see Ka on Saturday night. He said that he wanted to give me my birthday present. I said, "Okay." Then he wrapped his arms around me and told me how much he loved me and that he really did care about me. With that, he said, "I don't have anything else left to give you but my heart." Then he reached into his pocket. It was a very surreal moment because I thought I knew what he was doing, but a part of me didn't believe what was happening. He got down on one knee and asked, "Will you marry me?" Joy. Gladness. "Yes!" Smiles. Hugs. Kisses. No tears. Pure elation.

We broke the news to our parents, with positive responses. So now begins the "fun" part -- planning a wedding without going broke. If there's anything that I've learned from the examples of others, it's that it's not about the wedding; it's about the marriage. The partnership. The good, the bad, the ups, and the downs. It's about the challenges that make your bond that much stronger. Just like Polident. The wedding lasts a day. The marriage lasts a lifetime (at least if it's right, it should!)

It's been a busy day of announcing our happy news! More great things to come in '08!

2 notes:

Jess March 7, 2008 at 2:03 PM  

YAAAAAAAAY! Congratulations! I know I already said that, but now it is official in blogger words :)

jean March 7, 2008 at 3:03 PM  

I'm so happy for the two of you! Congrats!

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP