3.21.2008

Hyper-Planner

So this is probably the only time that I would describe myself as "hyper".

My coworker looked at me last week and said, "I can't imagine you being peppy". It's true, I adhere to a more cool, calm, and collected walk in life. Subdued even. Some check if I'm still breathing. Well, I don't get overly excited. I think it just takes too much energy. I like to get excited about things that actually matter, or I feel strongly for.

Anyway, back to the hyper-planner thing. Since we got engaged 3 weeks ago, I've been on hyper-mode to get things done. I started sending out emails and quote requests to vendors for receptions sites, photographers, and DJs. I want to get the big things squared away by this summer, so that the other details are just extras.

In that effort, I am taking a day off next week in order to view the potential reception sites. Luckily, I know where there ceremony will be -- my church in good, old Union City. Challenge #1 has been finding a reception site that is nice, but doesn't break the bank or cause us to start married life in poverty. I have a few contenders.


(courtesy sunolvalley.com/Bella Pictures)

(courtesy of Newark Hilton)

I'm hoping that after we see everything, we will be able to narrow down the choices, so that when Cent comes to visit he can see the candidates. I figure it would be a nice thing if he got to see where we would have the reception. I care. His opinion counts. I am a hyper planner, or as Cent says "Super Planner". I think that by July, I should have the big things booked. We'll see how it unfolds.

1 notes:

Unknown March 22, 2008 at 7:58 AM  

It is incredibly sweet for Cent to call it Super Planning. I am so excited for you and interested in wedding planning, if you need to talk about it and worry you are being obsessive, just call me (or come by). I LOVE this stuff.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP