1.11.2008

#14: Mission Accomplished

I bought a car today. I wrote a check for $2000. I officially have a credit history.

Oh my goodness. It was surreal.

After the trials and tribulations of my current car situation, I thought that I should start looking for another car. Little did I know that I would drive it home today. I initially went to the dealership to check out a Nissan Altima, only to find that it was last owned by a smoker. Definite deal breaker for me. I even found a couple of cigarette burns in the upholstery. Yikes! I felt a little discouraged after we drove it because it was right in my price range.

Then my dad received a phone call. This gave me the opportunity to wander around the lot and check out the other cars. A blue 2005 Volvo caught my eye. The price wasn't listed, so I just wanted to take a look. Once my dad hung up we were given the keys to check out some other cars. First was a 2004 Infiniti - red. It was pretty with heated leather seats and a 6 CD changer. But something wasn't quite right. Second was the 2005 Volvo - blue. It looked great. Leather seats, remote entry, moonroof, and cup holders! My '86 BMW was greatly lacking any sort of cup holder. I was sold (kind of)!

I went into the office and toyed with the idea of making a purchase. Of course the salesman was more than happy to start running the finances. About 15 minutes later I was signing papers and I had a car! I also learned my credit score, which was great to find out. I'm very happy about that. I'm very pleased and happy about my first big ticket purchase. It's a little scary, but exciting at the same time! Here's to growing up!

And now I have more bills. (Not so exciting) But I have a car!

0 notes:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP