1.07.2008

Magazine Junkie

I am a self-confessed Magazine Junkie. At least it's not drugs, right?

There's just something about glossy covers, pretty photo spreads, and enticing reads. Usually I can resist buying them off the stand, but here and there - especially at the airport - I tend to succumb to the temptation sitting there, shining under the fluorescent lighting.

My sister had a magazine drive and I felt that this year I could definitely participate. Plus I love magazines and the subscription rate is so much cheaper than off the stand. So I came out ordering Cooking Light - for my new cooking endeavors, Real Simple - because it's pretty and has great tips, I renewed my existing Glamour subscription, and Shape - for my exercise endeavors.

However, my problem is letting go. I'm positive that I have enough old magazines to fill one or two boxes. I know that I will never read them again, but just like letting go of old clothes, it's a much bigger undertaking, and takes a lot of will power. In my goal to sort out things in my bedroom, I will be recycling at least a box of old magazines. If there are articles that I really want to hold on to, I will tear them out and archive them.

Oh it's going to be a great 2008!

0 notes:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP