1.05.2008

Future house warming

Part of me can't wait until I have a house. I can't wait to decorate. I can't wait to own all the cool stuff. I can't wait to make it my own. It's a sign of independence. It's a sign of "making it".

I've always had an affinity for decorating and makeover shows on HGTV, TLC, and the Style Network. I've scraped ceilings, refinished floors, painted walls, and applied finishes. I love house projects because after all the sweat and hard work, it's well worth all the effort, usually. And yet, after it all, these things have never really been mine. Projects for the family house or a friend. I'm waiting for when I do a project for my own nest.

I also want to beef up my cooking skills and throw fabulous dinner parties. Not in the Emily Gilmore style, but more in the Hostess with the Mostess fashion. I love the blog! I pore over magazines that give party, decoration, and theme suggestions. I think, "I could totally do that!" I just need a place to throw it. And money. Alas, it will come someday.

Mission: hone cooking skills and save for a house!

0 notes:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP