1.03.2008

Serious things make me nervous

I never realized exactly how nervous serious conversations make me feel. Depending on how serious it is I either try to talk around the subject in order to "get my feet wet" or I get really choked up and sound like I'm going to burst into tears when I finally approach the subject.

Fear stifles.

One of my goals for the year and years to come is to not let fear stifle me. I want to be brave and courageous and bold. I want to face my fears head-on instead of running away and hiding. I'm highly skilled in avoidance and a master in changing the subject. I can ignore the elephant in the room if I really want to.

I will take direction and suggestion from my bestest and "Go ahead and say it" and "Just ask". If there's anyone what I can confide in, it's him. He takes me at my best and worst moments and we still say "I love you" at the end of the day. He's so special to me. However, even with him, I get choked up when I edge towards uncomfortable subjects. So far, in the short time that it's been 2008, I've tackled a couple of lingering issues, and we're still good.

Fear will not stifle me any longer.

0 notes:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP