1.13.2008

Another Resolution: The Anti-Flake Diet


I can be a real flake. This year, I'm make a concerted effort to contact friends and hang out.
I will be less of a flake this year. Note: I did not say that I would NOT be a flake, just less of one.

I told my friends over the weekend that I am "selectively antisocial". I think that's a valid excuse. Sometimes I just don't want to see people. Sometimes family time overrides friend time. So sue me if I love my family. I get tired of driving. I get tired of overspending on dinners. And as sad as it may sound at 24, I'm totally over the "clubbing" scene. I'm not looking to pick someone up or be picked up on. No thanks. But I suppose it's a bad sign when your boyfriend jokes about you being a flake. Not because I flake on him, but because he know how often I flake on friends. It's kind of a running joke.

Well, tonight I've made good on my resolution so far for the year. Considering my state of brokeness, I decided that I would drive down to see some friends in the South Bay. It was a fun little reunion of us EAP kids (Education Abroad Program) and apparently they were happy to see me since I only see them every other time or every third time they decide to go out. I'm selectively antisocial, whatever. We had chips and guacamole, wine and cheese, and some chicken and salad.

I'm not selectively antisocial because I don't like hanging out with friends. I enjoy interacting with other people and catching up on their lives. At this point in our lives, we really have to make a big effort to schedule each other in. However, sometimes, I don't want to. Maybe because sometimes I feel like a nonconformist or I'm just too damn lazy or broke. It's true that most of the time I would opt for a DVD at home in comfy pajamas instead of bar hopping. the latter takes much more effort. If you're my friend you learn to live it with. You'll know even though I may not show up, I'll be there.

0 notes:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP